When I was an employee at Splunk, I was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to work on some innovative military projects.
One such project was the Smart Soldier App , with contributions from Justin Boucher (a US Army Veteran) and Ramik Chopra.
This App is essentially a data correlation narrative that aggregates data from multiple sources to provide more effective, targetted and expedited triage for soldiers in the field and provide commanders with real time insights into the condition and locations of soldiers and resources in the battle theatre :
- Soldier and Medic geolocation data and details
- Soldier real time health and condition metrics
- Soldier historical medical/patient information
- Soldier “smart suit” condition
- Geomapping based visualizations to determine the nearest medic and best treatment facility for an injured soldier
But why restrict this to just soldiers in the battlefield? You could take this use case as inspiration to apply to any type of first responder scenario. The possibilities in your data are limitless, so do reach out to us if you have any ideas that you want to collaborate on.
You can find out more about the Smart Soldier App in the links below :